Actually, this is a VERY good point, the Comment IS updated on a netlist
load. I have used two methods:
  a) Set the Comment field in the schematic (assuming I have control)
  b) edit the macros generated by the netlist load to delete any
      changes to the comments (these are usually the last macros
      generated so they are easy to find)

It really depends on how many revisions the design will be going through
and making sure that ALL non standard design flows are carefully and
fully documented within the project.

I have not tried it with sync, but would assume that the comments are
over written there as well.

David W. Gulley
Destiny Designs