Thanks to all who replied to my question. I'm satisfied now that we should
not have any problems with our PCBs as far as the gold plating is
concerned - although other errors are always possible :)

Thanks also to Brad Verlander. I will chase down that HP article you
mentioned.

Our production department is reporting the need to increase the soldering
iron temperature when soldering the gold plated boards. It is likely that
selective will be investigated on the PCBs in question with the next batch.

Thanks again,

LINDEN DOYLE
Product Development Engineer
Zener Electric Pty Ltd