thanks for the answer, i didn't know about this stuff
(they did say for 2-sided)

it doesn't sound like you can or would solder to these
if that is correct then you would have to add a via to any through hole
parts that have a top side connection, right?

now that i think about this sounds like the 'thru plate' the guys who
make the mechanical proto milling machines hawk

Dennis Saputelli