Bernhard Koss wrote:
 > ...always when I import the template the bitmap is shown but the next time
 > I open the schematic there is just a broken link to the bitmap...

As the images (whether .bmp or .wmf) are not "placed inside" the schematic or
template but linked, then Protel should always be able to find this linked
image file to display it on the sheet - while the template's definition is
included in schematic file, the image is still link-referenced.

If Protel doesn't find the image file in the place from which it originated
it is still dispalyed properly if it can be found in:
1. Current database (as described in KB2421, to which Ian Wilson directed),
2. Any directory which is in the path,
3. Protel's system directory ( ...\Design Explorer 99 SE\System\)
I checked all three workarounds with our template's logo which is a .wmf image
- yes, I think these are workarounds only.
The real solution is to let Protel see the original files, so I suppose,
that even if Dennis Saputelli is not 100% right pointing to the problem with
mapped drive letters, the solution is somewhere "around" it -
the problem should be easily fixed by System Administrator or any person
of that kind.

Wojciech Oborski