From: Drew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> There is at least one layout package I know of that will report "dangling
lines" and their x:y coordinates.  Also, I have been told that running the
database through Specctra will remove dangling lines.  Though I have never
witnessed the process, it might be worth looking into.

From: Abd ulRahman Lomax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Some stubs might be eliminated by the autorouter; autorouter intelligence
> does encompass most if not all of what is needed to find stubs.
>
> I haven't tried it, but the autorouter might already eliminate some stubs,
> assuming that they are not locked. It seems to me that it once did.

The trouble with using an autorouter, Specctra or Protel, to remove antennas
is that in an update to a design, I wanted to preserve the existing routing.
I used the Protel autorouter after removing as many junk traces as I could
find.  But I locked the exitsting traces, preventing the autorouter from
going wild on the board.  I had spent many hours on the previous revision
cleaning up acute angles, of which the autorouter had generated thousands.
I didn't want to go through that again.  Thus, the autorouter could not
clean up atnennas.  (It also made dual traces, over but not exactly the same
path as the locked ones, instead of using portions of the locked traces to
connect to.  But these were easy to find by inspection.  In fact, it was
searching for these redundant traces that revealed the antennas.)

From: Bob Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I'm not sure about Camtastic but my CAM350 software will check for
unwanted
> antennas.

Does anyone know of any additional Gerber view software that checks for this
besides Lavenir View2001 and CAM350?

Thanks to all for your input,
John W. Childers