- check backup settings ( Arrow | Preferences ) -- 2 kinds, "Create backup
files" makes backups whenever you save; and Auto-Save settings are timed,
and can be directed to any drive/folder you want.

- Also on Arrow | Preferences, check "Save Preferences" (may be default).

- I think the default contents for a layer stackup legend were odd.  On a
PCB, choose Tools | Layer Stackup Legend.  Click once to place one corner,
then hit Tab to get the options dialog.  You've got to set them before you
click to place the second corner!

- On any .sch, do Tools | ERC, go to Rule Matrix tab, and review/update the
matrix; main recommendation here is to make all Unconnected pairings into
warnings or errors, instead of OK.

- Learn to customize the toolbars, how to add buttons, hotkeys, change
menus, etc.  One of Protel's greatest strengths is how customizeable it is!!

Protel