Hi!
        I have a new problem that surfaced on a 12 layer board design
yesterday. I decided to take a couple of layers and move them around from
the way they were and delete one of two ground plane layers( both named
"GND"). Previously all was well. I deleted one of the ground plane layers
and replaced it with a signal layer. I also moved the layers up and down to
achieve a lower capacitance with respect to ground. In other words, I
shuffled the deck of cards, but have the same number of layers with the same
net connection names. 
        The auto router now can't seem to find either the "GND" named plane
or the "+3.3V" plane,(even though they are there in the layer stack manager)
and DRC reports a zillion unconnected GND and +3.3V nets. I ran the
synchronize schematic to board again, and my rules list each layer
correctly. ANY IDEAS WHAT WENT TO HELL??? Changing the net names would
obviously cause this kind of problem, but I did'nt do something that
obvious.


Thanks,
R. Gordon Price
Director of Research Engineering
Loronix Information Systems, Inc.
Del MAR CA
(858) 523-9424

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* To post a message: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*
* To leave this list visit:
* http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/leave.html
*
* Contact the list manager:
* mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*
* Forum Guidelines Rules:
* http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html
*
* Browse or Search previous postings:
* http://www.mail-archive.com/proteledaforum@techservinc.com
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Reply via email to