On 01:23 PM 26/06/2002 +1000, Thomas said:
>Anyone care to elucidate on current 99SE bugs for Mr Rose?
>
>I have an overwhelming compulsion to send him the yahoo bug database.
>
>Hehe.
>
>Tom.

You are welcome to send it to him but he know it exists and can find it
himself.

The critical phrase is:
"As to bugs:  Can you please advise me of the particular bugs that are
preventing you from using the software for it's intended purpose?"

Since the intended purpose is designing PCB from schematics it would seem
that either a lot of us are living in dream land or the product does do
that.  But if the intended purpose is to, say, render an accurate 3D view
of a PCB then it doesn't do that.  I had reason to go through the bug
database in some detail recently - few of the errors are critical and many
of them are actually things that could be done better.

Does it live up to the details in the marketing documents?  At times I have
considered going through all the public info and looking for stuff that is
contrary to our consumer protection and trading laws but why bother.  Do
you know what stopped me last time - the release of P99SE.

This whole thing is a grey area.  Yes there are certainly bugs and some of
them do make you wonder about the reliability a little but many of us are
pumping out designs daily.  It would be very very interesting to test this
though.  Pick a bug and see if the new and improved lemon-fresh ATS can do
anything for us. A recent purchaser of P99SE (so it is under ATS) would
need to report a bug and then see if it gets fixed.  Is a fix in DXP
acceptable - not for a company that has standardised on P99SE it is not.

One known bug that does have the potential to cause problems with some
designs is this one: