Tony,

I think that what was said was that the "Trial" version of Protel wouldn't
install under Win4Lin, NOT the full version.  This is due to Protel actually
dealing with the HD at the raw level to hide their installation time stamp.
If they cannot recognize the partition then they will not install since they
do not want to damage your hard disk structure.

I use both OS's, M$oft and Linux.  My preference is for Linux, and with
Win4Lin, Codeweaver's Crossover Office, and VMWare it is getting easier to use
Linux for more of the day to day operation.

I have very little trouble printing from Linux these days, including to
networked printers that are also used from my Windoze systems.

But, your mileage may vary:-)  Use what you are comfortable with.

Myself, I don't enjoy the system crashes, reduced performance, and having your
system reporting to Redmond on a daily basis.  Yes, even Win2K can choke (not
as often as Win9X but it does happen) and XP is a mixed bag.  Not much brought
to the table over Win2K from a core standpoint, and reduced network
functionality on the XP Home product.

And with the movement from Redmond to a "subscription" model to boost their
future revenues it will only be a matter of time before they leverage the new
Activation mechanism in the XP product line to be able to force you to renew
periodically if you want to keep using your system.

Burt

======
Tony K said:

That's the problem, "99SE to install because it doesn't recognize the
"partition" type."

How much is your time worth messing around will all the little gotchas just
like that one?

====

* Tracking #: 577E911BEC03A949A59079572AA9730EA8CAA1AE