OK, folks, I know metric is better.  I was just joking.  But seriously, it
is on-topic when you consider that some electronic parts are in metric, and
some in Imperial (U.S. folks call Imperial "standard", because it IS our
standard).  This unit stuff can cause lots of grief because of imprecision
in rounding/truncation for pad spacing.  It can be very annoying when
creating parts from a metric datasheet, and then manually routing in an
Imperial snap grid.  I don't have any answer for this other than to grin and
bear it.

The U.S. has more inertia against metric than any other country.  We will
probably never change to metric.  Sometime last year I was discussing a
mechanical issue about an electronic assembly fastener with my father (a
mech engineer).  He asked me "It's not some damned non-standard metric
thread, is it?"  That's no joke, he really said it.  LOL.

In the U.S., NEVER talk meters, celsius, etc. to anyone except other
engineers.  They will look at you as if you are some alien from outer space.
And you are, because you're an engineer...

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com