Ian,
        the variations in sizing are based upon the actual package
dimensioning. Some packages vary their actual heel to toe measure, some pin
spacings vary slightly with body sizes, etc, etc.. So you simple match the
package dimensions as closely as possible.
        I know that some may have never noticed the variances in SOT23
packages but I am sure that you haven't let this slip by Ian. Afterall I
don't know how many times I have had people tell me "... it's a SOT23,
simple...". Then I show them the variations in the SMT Plus land pattern
book.
        Ian, I will send you a small present. Just because you are such a
good guy who is always sharing so much on this list.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

* Tracking #: 77328D9C5AD70D43B57E07445EC63A60196B032E