> That is a really good idea and would be an EXCELLENT PR move on their
> part. It might hurt financially in the short run, but the positive spin
> they would get would be so great.

Likewise!

<rant on>
It has been a crying shame to see what had become a loyal & supportive group
of Customers ( 99SE onwards ;-) turned sour by this ATS scheme.

The problem appears to releatively simple, people don't trust altium with
their money when effectively paid in advance. Were Altium to share the risk
by starting the ATS clock when a "Commercially useable & hence stable"
product is ready for delivery then I would suspect the upgrade would be
easier to float past the bean counter.

This is almost palatable when taking into account the ongoing interraction
between developers, the CEO & users on the DXP list. This is the most
positive sign that I have seen in the 12years of using this product. We have
expectations of great things from this product when the rough edges get
removed.

Even better, the suits might look at why Protel had a customer base to start
with...  A reasonably priced CAD product with no maintenance fees. Arguably
neither exist today. People put up with a lot of bugs and annoyances over
the years as a result of these points. Having said this I also sympathise
with the guy who has a steaditly emptying pot of money in one hand and a
slipping ship date in the other ( as he is probably an accountant or MBA I
won't lose too much sleep ;-)

<rant off>

Cheers

Don

* Tracking #: E2CFE33D5CF6D949BB2813A0EBABF9DB47900672