Richard,
        seems that you are a little confused about layer usage and
soldermask application. Here are a few points.
1) Your logo would come out as white (whitish, off-white, the color of your
laminate or copper/silver if it is over circuit copper) with a similarly
colour rectangle around it, on a green background.
2) Anything you put on the soldermask layer is inverted (negative layer
usage), a line will become a soldermask void. i.e. no soldermask wherever
you put a line or text.
3) The Top Paste layer is for use as a solder paste screen layer. This is
the solder paste that is screened on a SMD board to solder SMD components.
It has nothing to do with solder mask, colour of your board or anything
other then solder application during assembly.
4) The only way to obtain the effect you describe as wanting would be for
multiple layers of soldermask application with the first application not
having the logo and then additional layers having the logo masked into them.
This would be additional costs for materials and labour applying the
additional soldermask applications. You could very well run into problems
with mask thickness actually lifting SMD components slightly above their
pads and not making the best solder joints to those pads. I am not even sure
that the multiple applications of soldermask would work, soldermask is
normally quite thin (a few mils) and achieves the colour density that you
normally see. How much darker additional layers would appear would be in
question.
5) Normal practice is to put your company logo/name in the copper (top or
bottom, covered with soldermask) or in the silkscreen layer(s).

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com
Norsat's Microwave Products Division has now achieved ISO 9001:2000
certification

* Tracking #: CB922EDAFCCB244782C1782B1E091F1E28167797