Tony,

I have checked out the Kollmorgen web site, and it is a defense manufacturer
on the east coast, and it looks like they could actually have someone in
their "MA" office that actually uses Protel, and hence is a member of the
forum.

While even that can be spoofed, I have compared the "Message ID" numbers and
they seem to sequential and pretty reasonable (compared 2 from early
Saturday morning and they were only off by a few numbers). It is quite
possible that that part of the "header" is valid.

I was planning on calling Altium in San Diego tomorrow to see if I could
actually find out whether or not they have any Protel seats, and from there
go to one of the three phone numbers listed on their "whois" contact list,
or even directly from the website, and then contact the head of security for
the company and let heads roll from there.

This is not a pleasent joke, and the mere threat deserves to have someone
loose all of their computing privledges for life, and the head of security
for any defense manufacturer in the US would probably do just that.

It may just be easier on the guy if we just have the forum manager look at
the list and see if there is anyone from Kollmorgen on it, and if so, and he
can temporarily delete him from the list with a nasty warning, then maybe we
can give the guy a break this way. Kind of like giving him a one time only
"get out of jail free" card, rather then letting his company send him there.

I actually have saved all of mine, and the related posts and research, just
in case.

You never know who is gonna play games.

JaMi