Jami,
        you seem to be applying the term "differential" impedance as an
equal to "controlled" impedance, it is not. At the end of paragraph 2 on
page two Lee states. "...meaning that each is a well designed transmission
line with a proper termination.  There is no need for differential impedance
to accomplish this." A transmission line is a "controlled" impedance line,
but it is not a "differential" impedance line. So where in this article does
he state that controlled impedance is not required? All through the article
I can find nothing that even hints he is saying controlled impedance is not
required.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com
Norsat's Microwave Products Division has now achieved ISO 9001:2000
certification