Cam:

How did you test it?  What were you testing for?

Twisted pairs are good for reducing interference from other sources.  They
are less effective at reducing interference emitted by your device.  The
principle is that EM fields fluxing through the loop area formed by your
signal conductors generates currents (interference) in your signal
conductors.  By reducing the loop area you can reduce the interference.  But
the loop area cannot be reduced to zero, so there will always be some
interference.  To reduce interference even further, twist the conductors
around each other.  What this does is make the EM flux currents cancel,
since the flux current going through one twist of the loop cancels the flux
current going through the adjacent loop.  This is why twisted pair is used
by 10/100baseT ethernet.  You can run 300 ft. ethernet drops of CAT5 and
still get good signal integrity, even with all the trash in the EM spectrum
(and getting trashier every day).

On a PCB, you would have to use vias for your loop crossovers.  You would
also need to make sure the lengths of each track segment are identical,
since symmetry is vital to make the concept work.  And put the traces as
close together as possible and still be manufacturable.

If you are also trying to achieve a tightly controlled impedance, that would
be tricky...

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.