Thanks Brad,
 The global editor for schematic has never worked smoothly for me. (Have
they ever updated this schematic editor?) The wish list for BUG fixes should
include a global editor for schematics that isn't so restricted on input
format. It could use some better intuitive clues on how to use it.... We did
actually get it to work, after a fashion...  Seems we thought the substitute
data would be copied from the library to replace the parts but it's not that
smart. Wild cards didn't work either, it just filled the fields with the '*'
character instead of reading the data in the library and replacing it. I
really don't have to use it often but in this case we needed to change the
footprints of all the parts to a smaller package which required changing the
part number on all the parts of a given value to a different one that had a
smaller package. There were many parts and it did seem a daunting task to
have to do them all by manual entry... We are going to write a little
procedure to help us remember how to do it correctly in the future. I just
love discovering work-arounds for non-intuitive user interface programming
choices. Don't you?

Bill Brooks
PCB Design Engineer , C.I.D., C.I.I.
TITAN SYSTEMS CORPORATION
DATRON WORLD COMMUNICATIONS DIVISION
3030 Enterprise Court
Vista, CA 92083
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <http://www.dtwc.com/>