At 05:53 PM 9/16/2002 -0700, Brad Velander wrote:

>         are you aware that you must put the copied data in the "copy
>attributes" box where it appears on the horizontal row. For those fields
>that have this box, the copied data (in this case the symbol name) must
>appear in this box. Replace the brackets with your new symbol name.

Anyone have an idea why Schematic insists on this whereas PCB uses a much
simpler system which essentially automatically takes edited data and uses
it as the new data, which is what we want most of the time. Partial
replacement is nice, but it is not what we need in the large majority of
edits, and I think we could have both.