Tim,

One thing that was not discussed tha tyou may or may not know about, and
which may be helpful to you is the issue of spacing of your "Polygon Plane"
from all other features of your board.

In the absence of any special clearance rules (which you can set up), the
Polygon Plane will default to the "clearence" in effect at the time of the
"pour". Thus if your Polygon Plane is originally "poured" when you had a
"clearence rule" or 20 mils in effect, the Plane will be spaved 20 mil back
from any other features of the board. However, if you were to change the
"clearence" to 8 mil, and then examine the Plane for some reason, when you
went closed the dialog box and it ask you if it should "Rebuild X
Polygons?", it will then "repour" the planes at the current "clearance".

Also be aware that the Minimum Primitive size controlls gow small a spot
your plane will get into using the specified Track Width.

I personally like to make the Gride Size smaller than the Track Size, just
to get away from possible rounding errors somewhere which might leave a
small "streak" or "gap" in the plane.

JaMi Smith

By the way Tim, I am all for Machine Cognition, but isn't the term Human
Cognition a "bit" of an oxymoron ; )

And don't forget those that think in Hex, or even worse, Octal . . . (and
yes,  I still own and use an HP16C).