Hello all,

I'm finalizing my PCB for first proto.  Its a 4-layer board w/o internal
planes but uses signal layer polygon fill on each layer for the GND, SGND,
+15, -15 planes.  My question today is: What considerations need to be made
when selecting the polygon fill parameters, relative to the gerbers and
photoplotter etc.  I presently am using 13mil track and 13mil gap on 45
degrees with octagon surrounds on pads, which gets the computations done
reasonably quick and seems to look ok.  Do the gerber routines emit
optimized large aperture settings with steps to minimize the photo
operations, etc?

TIA

Sincerely,

Tim Hutcheson
Institute for Human and Machine Cognition
University of West Florida
40 South Alcaniz St.
Pensacola, FL  32501

"There are 10 types of people in the world;
those that read binary and those that don't."
  -- Anonymous Poster --