>I want to build a board that will fit in place of a "standard" computer
motherboard.  >Unfortunately, there seem to be many "standards".  :-)   The
particular computer I have to >look at is made by Digital, and I have reason
to believe that it may not conform to the norm.

All the Digital PCs I have seen in the past use proprietary cases.

You should avoid basing your design on any famous brand of PCs.  That
includes Compaq, Dell, Gateway, HP, Digital, etc.  They all like to play
silly games with case and board styles to get that imaginary styling edge on
the competition.  I recommend you go to your local computer shop and buy a
standard, generic white box ATX (or mini/micro-ATX) case.  This will have
the form factor you want.

Computers are tools, not art objects/fashion statements.  If you want an art
object/fashion statement, buy an Apple ;-)

BTW, if your board can be really small, you might consider the mini-ITX form
factor.  I just bought 2 of the Via EPIA mini-ITX boards and they are way
cool.  They are about 6.5 x 6.5 in. and have 1 PCI slot.  They are supposed
to fit in standard mini/micro/ATX cases.

Also, you will probably want to design your board with an ATX power supply
connnector.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com

I want to build a board that will fit in place of a "standard" computer
motherboard.  Unfortunately, there seem to be many "standards".  :-)   The
particular computer I have to look at is made by Digital, and I have reason
to believe that it may not conform to the norm.

Can anyone tell me where to find a typical footprint/template/ (or even
picture) of some standard motherboards?  I just want to be sure of mounting
hole positions.

Thanks for any help,
Len Gabrielson