> >Baseball bats are also sometimes used as weapons, if you don't have a gun
> handy (yes, in the U.S. you can still
> >own guns, thank God!).
> >

> Ivan, I am sure the people especially in the Washington area are very
> pleased about this fact at the moment.

I don't know if it's still the case, but not long ago it was illegal to own
a gun in the Washington DC area.  This is in spite of the fact that the Bill
of Rights enumerates the right to keep and bear arms.  And during that time,
the Washington DC murder and crime rate was among the worst in the U.S.  If
gun ownership is still illegal in the Washington area, that didn't stop the
sniper, did it?

Criminals will always have guns.  Criminals don't worry about whether or not
they are breaking a particular gun control law, or any law for that matter.
That's why they are called criminals.  ;-)

Private ownership of guns has a certain deterrence factor.  If a criminal
thinks you might have a gun, he will be less likely to commit an act of
violence against you.  If you have a gun, and the criminal is crazy enough
to attack you anyway, you can shoot him.  Then he will be dead, commit no
more acts of violence, and justice will have been better served than by any
court system and prison sentence.

That said, before you start a Protel session, put away your guns...

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com