> From: Bagotronix Tech Support [mailto:techsupport@;bagotronix.com]

> Criminals will always have guns.  Criminals don't worry about
> whether or not
> they are breaking a particular gun control law, or any law
> for that matter.
> That's why they are called criminals.  ;-)

bollocks. Just like most gun advocates your argument has at least one
massive flaw.
This particular flaw is - your whole country is saturated with weapons. one
state outlawing guns wont stop people taking them across the border... you
need to ban them nationwide.

Why don't you go online and look up info on murder rates in countries that
have strict gun laws? Japan, england are two good examples. Still people get
shot, but its a lot less common.

> Private ownership of guns has a certain deterrence factor.

or you can say it escalates the level to which violent confrontations reach.

How many people die in the US each year through drunken arguments that
escalate to the point of macho cowboys pulling out their steel penises and
waving them in each others faces?

More guns on the street means more opportunity for people on the street to
get shot. end of story.

> If a criminal
> thinks you might have a gun, he will be less likely to commit
> an act of
> violence against you.

Or he's really desperate and 8has* to steal money so pulls out his own gun,
bought from the same 7-11 you got yours and puts a bullet through your face
and your girlfriend's face before taking your wallets.....

> If you have a gun, and the criminal is
> crazy enough
> to attack you anyway, you can shoot him.  Then he will be
> dead, commit no
> more acts of violence, and justice will have been better
> served than by any
> court system and prison sentence.

Oh dear. if you really feel this is the way to do things, I feel very sorry
for you. Do you know anyone who has been killed with a gun?

Julian