From: John A. Ross [Design] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 6:51 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] [OT] Highway Robbery

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel Data Forum (E-mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 6:37 AM
Subject: [PEDA] [OT] Highway Robbery

> $1200 AUS for the two day "Protel 99SE Simulation Training course"!
> Plus airfares, plus accommodation, do these people think I'm made of
money?
> It's a pity, as it did sound worthwhile until I got to the bottom line.

As a general comment, $1200 does not seem that bad, compared to other
vendors, if the course content is intensive (NOT PRESENTATION TYPE!!) &
hands on and covers a full 2 days, and of course, if you actually need it.

In reality, you need to look at how much time it will take for you to attain
the same level of knowledge & competance on the tools in 'self teach mode'
against 2 days to get to the same level.

If $1200 for 2 days saves you 100hrs in the first quarter (self teach time,
i.e non working) how much is 100 hrs of your time worth? or how much can you
bill out for it?

I know I have touched a little on some sensitive issues by implication,
regarding what the client should and should not pay for when they 'buy' your
time, but I do not wish to get into a debate about that one.

Best Regards

John A. Ross

RSD Communications Ltd
8 BorrowMeadow Road, Springkerse Industrial Estate
Stirling, Scotland FK7 7UW

Tel (Office)  +44 [0]1786 450572 Ext 225
Tel ( Lab  )  +44 [0]1786 450572 Ext 248
Fax              +44 [0]1786 474653
GSM           +44 [0]7831 373727

Email        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW     http://www.rsd.tv