From: Florian Finsterbusch [mailto:f.finsterbusch@;lightmaze.com]
Sent: 07 November 2002 15:39
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] 99SE SP6 gerber file names transposed

I've had a simular problem last year.

In my case the reason was a change in the layer-stackup.
I've moved midlayer-5 between midlayer-1 und midlayer-2.
The midlayer order was then 1, 5, 2, 3, 4.

Some times later i've renamed the layers in the layer-stackup-manager in
ascending order (without moving them).
Protel has shown the new layer-names in the layer-tabs of the PCB-editor
correctly.

When running a design-rule-check Protel is complaining about errors on
midlayer-2.
But when i check the effected objects, Protel is telling me that these
object are placed on midlayer-5.
This was because Protel is internally still working with the old
(hard-coded) layer names.

You can rename the layers to their orignal names to get the design-rules
running without confusion.
Perhaps you want to rearrange the layers in the layer-stack-manager and move
the content of one layer to another.

I've informed Protel about this behavior.
They told me, that it is a known bug.
But there was nothing in the knowlegde base!
I was very angry about that because it took me a lot of time to find this
bug.

Best regards, Florian Finsterbusch

tools-preferences-colors
> dialog box the mid layers appear in this same shifted pattern 1-4-2-3.
This