I had a few crashes last week, can't remember what happened.

Now when I open Protel from a shortcut:
Opens all previously open designs but-
    No files are shown in the design database tab
    The windows taskbar button text is Client~1
    Update PCB has no effect
    Create symbol from sheet has no effect
Otherwise the files open OK
Opening any design from within Protel exhibits this behaviour.

If I open the database by double clicking it in explorer it all works fine!
The windows taskbar button text is Client99se

I have done numerous clean installs of Protel (as detailed on forum
recently)
I can see a clean install of XP coming up!

Regards

Glenn