We tried to auto-route a circular board (designed for inside a pipe-well). The auto-router would freeze at the message about starting up the shape based etc... We tried the board on P98 and P99SE and both froze at the same point. I searched for references to this on this news group and although I found a fair number of messages on the router, I didn't find one on it freezing at startup (maybe my search was too quick).

There were only 30 passives on it and manual routing was considered, but I thought we'd learn't how to get around most of the router problems and we were getting quite used to it. I removed the circular keep-out and replaced it with a square and it routed in about two seconds. I replaced the circle and it froze again. I then placed a rectangular box around the outside of the circle and it routed quickly again. I placed a small rectangular keep out box outside the circle and it routed.

It's as if the router looks for a corner to start in or something. I hope this helps someone else in the future. Does this occur on DXP?

Regards,

Saddle (In the land of Oz)
"Love is grand, divorce is many grand"