Tony, Alfonso and enyone who might care,

   shure you are able to view gerber files by reemport them into Protel. And I fell
into that trap!
   For Protel read its own mistakes as good files. As discussed here some weeks ago
Protel has a wrong definition of octagonal Pads (they are rotated about 22,5 degrees)
so if you use is in a Polygon, and the maufacturer use it like it is, it shorts
everything! If you use Protel for viewing your gerber-files you will not see this
error, in Camtastic or other viewers you will.
   So I prefer external viewers. And for beeing completely shure I use a viewer that
is not sold with the EDA-System. Spell: Graphicode or other freeware.

regards

Waldemar