From: "Kulajew Waldemar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 4:43 AM
Subject: [PEDA] Viewing gerber files with Protel [was:Viewing gerber files]

> Tony, Alfonso and enyone who might care,
>
>    shure you are able to view gerber files by reemport them into Protel.
And I fell into that trap!
>    For Protel read its own mistakes as good files. As discussed here some
weeks ago Protel has a wrong definition of octagonal Pads (they are rotated
about 22,5 degrees) so if you use is in a Polygon, and the maufacturer use
it like it is, it shorts everything! If you use Protel for viewing your
gerber-files you will not see this error, in Camtastic or other viewers you
will.
>    So I prefer external viewers. And for beeing completely shure I use a
viewer that is not sold with the EDA-System. Spell: Graphicode or other
freeware.