Hi guys,
        I am beginning to believe that someone has corrupted my Protel with
a bug that activates only on US holidays, especially when they are shut-down
for 2 or more days in a row.

        Here is my issue. Generating Gerbers of a not very complex board (I
did this on a much more complex board 2 days ago with no problem), the
output Gerber on numerous layers contains inverted circular arcs in numerous
locations where polygons should have small inside radius curves. The curve
has been reversed. If it was supposed to be 30 degrees of arc, I now have
the opposing 330 degrees of the arc. These arcs are shorting the GND
polygons to the traces and even across to the GND polygon on the other side
of some traces.
        I have seen this sometimes on non copper layers and in small
numbers, I have sometimes edited the Gerber in Camtastic and lived with it.
This time there are too many, they are one 4 layers (top & bottom copper,
silkscreen and board outline) and I am a bit more reluctant to edit it on
copper layers. I have confirmed that this is a Protel generation error
because it shows up in both Camtastic and GC-Prevue.

        Any ideas or solutions out there?

        I can't believe the consistency that these issues show up when
support is shut-down for a US holiday. So far 3 times this year I find
myself unable to call tech support because of a US holiday. I think that is
3 for 3 as far as the unique (not taken in Canada as well) US holidays go.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Check out our fall promotion at www.norsat.com. Limited quantities. Sale
ends December 24, 2002.
Contact your Account Manager or call 1-800-NII-4LNB or email