On 09:52 AM 15/01/2003 -0500, Dan said:
Greetings all,
 We are thinking of upgrading our 99se to DXP. How is the spice/circuit
simulator of DXP vs 99se? Does it actually function?
Thanks,
Dan

Does SPICE 3f5 work? That is you real question. P99SE is pretty much SPICE 3f5. DXP does have some mods to 3f5 I think - I only think this from some discussions on the DXP forum, not from any inside knowledge.

P99SE sim works but has a funny (read brain dead) manner of integrating models and macro-models. I used to use it a bit for SIM.

DXP has a much better method of integrating models and subckts (but there is a poorly documented catch). As well it has *much* better post processing (waveform display).

It still has some problems with temperature sweeps I think (maybe this has been fixed now).

But like all simulators, especially SPICE based ones, it has all the old convergence issues. The key here is understanding the cause of convergence issues and good models and subckts (which can be the hardest part).

Ian Wilson