I'm working on a design that will have many (like 32) copies of a single subcircuit.
I'm trying to use Protel99SE's 'complex hierarchy' to implement this.

I've created one sub-sheet for the subcircuit (call it "amp.sch") that will be
replicated.  In the toplevel sheet (say "top.sch") I've created several sheet symbols
that all refer to the sub-sheet "amp.sch".

When I netlist I get only one instance of amp.sch, and the various inputs/outputs to
the different instances of amp.sch all get shorted together.  Not what I want.

According to the online help, the command 'Tools/Complex to Simple' is supposed to
flatten the design, duplicating subsheets as necessary so that each subsheet is
referenced once--so then you can netlist/annotate correctly.

Problem is when I select 'Complex to Simple', nothing at all happens.

Any ideas?  Should I even be trying complex hierarchy at all?  Or is it one of those
things that look good on paper but don't work so well in real life?

--
Peter W. Richards / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Design Manager, EE

This email message (and any attached document) contains information from
Reflectivity, Inc. which may be considered confidential by Reflectivity,
or which may be privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure under law,
and is for the sole use of the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed.  Any other dissemination, distribution or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this message in error,
please notify me and destroy the attached message (and all attached
documents) immediately.