From: Alfonso Baz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 3:55 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEDA] 99SE path names

This might be common knowledge but recently I moved all of my protel
99SE project files to a new folder and I couldn't open any of them.

Depending on wether the project was a database or just stored as files,
was the type of error received. If I was trying to open a database
project, it came up with the new project dialog stating

 "The document you selected to open must be imported into a new design
database...."

When I tried to save this new database in the same location (or any
location within this new folder) I received the error message

"Error: Cannot create database at the specified location"

I then tried to open an old "Windows File system" project and got the
error "Root has been deleted" after which an "access violation"
followed.

After a bit of experimentation I found that I could create, open and
save projects anywhere except this new folder, which I had named "Protel
DB's"

It turns out Portel didn't like the apostrophe, I removed it and all is
well now.

Cheers
Alfonso Baz