At 11:32 AM 3/7/2003 -0800, Loc Tran wrote:

Hello,

Where are the BGA footprints in protel99se? Or how do one create BGA footprints in protel99se?

Greetings Loc,

Check out Altium's website, specifically:

http://www.protel.com/resources/libraries/pcb_footprint_search.asp

Just set the type to BGA and optionally type in the number of pins, and search for existing footprint designs. Obviously it's always a very good idea to check the resulting footprint against the mechanicals on the footprint datasheet for the device. The QA libraries are usually very good, but I've gotten bitten quite hard before by not double-checking the stock footprint I was using!

Optionally, create a PCB library document from scratch for your new footprints. I keep a DDB file containing all of my custom schematic and footprint libraries so I can simply add it (the DDB) to the list of libraries in the schematic and PCB editors. When creating a new component footprint in the editor, there is a nice wizard with the option for helping to create BGA parts.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
-- Matt