On 08:08 PM 8/03/2003, Peter Moreton said:
Hi,

I'm using 99SE, and trying to make a set of M2 mounting holes on a small
pcb. I created 2.5mm pads with 2.0mm holes, and placed these on the
board using the PCB editor, between my components. However, when I
autoroute the board, some of the holes just vanish.

Could someone give me an indicator as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks, Peter

Peter,

Are any of these mounting holes components?

Did you update the PCB from the Sch at all? This may delete components from your PCB that do not appear in the Sch - if that option is selected.

I have seen the autorouter pull up sections of copper from components (for an example try the Protel-supplied SOT-89 pkg).

I do not recall any instance where the router pulled up a manually placed pad - but thinking about it, maybe I always lock my mounting holes. This should prevent them being ripper-up. Try that, try locking the mounting hole pads.

Ian Wilson