Hmm, that will "withstand high temperatures and solvents!", and that is
user-configurable, ie, is not executed by etching of each board with a
unique s/n?

An engraved plate that is riveted to the board (not screwed) is the first
thing that comes to mind. You would, of course, need to assign an area to
attach the "nameplate", and it might be of some value to have the holes
taken care of during the etch/drilling operation.

aj