> We do have a Maxim device on the board (Superb little things - I try to
put
> one on everything I design), but we also need some human readable
labelling
> (don't ask me why - ISO90000000000 (or whatever today's new quality
> initiative is called) nonsense!).

Now if they would just put a silicon serial number AND an RS232 xcvr pair in
the SAME IC, that would be great.  Nearly all my designs get an RS-232
interface, even if it's just a PIC-based system.

ISO9000, blecchh!  No one ever produced a quality product only by following
ISO9000 documented procedures.  You've got to have the CORRECT procedures to
begin with, and a good design.  Some industrial equipment companies I know
hang lots of ISO9000 paper on their lobby walls, but they would do more to
improve their products if they would heed my advice about how they wire
their machines.  No, I'm not naming names.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com