On 05:39 PM 17/06/2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
Hi all,
I have a problem with Protel 99 SE (sp6) on my win2k laptop.
It was working fine until I installed mySQL database for another project
after which protel is so slow to open that it appears to have hung the
machine. I removed mySQL and rebooted, but same problem.
I have tried re-installing Protel but it still takes forever.
Has anyone seen this before ? I am guessing that the data access
component of protel or perhaphs win2k has been alterted and now protel
cannot find whatever hooks it requires.
Bill.

If it is to do with database stuff (the DDB uses the JET database engine), I would suggest trying to load the latest MDAC drivers from M$.

I have never found a reliable link to these drivers but I have usually managed to sniff them out in the downloads area of the M$ www site.

Ian