Terry Creer wrote:

Hi all,
        Just got a few schematics and a library in Orcad format from the
Atmel website. The schematics load ok (minus the parts in the .lib file),
but when I try to load the lib file, Protel (99SE) tells me DECOMP.EXE must
be in the path when trying to imort Orcad libraries. Any ideas where I can
aquire this DECOMP.EXE?

Terry,

There is an article at Premier EDA Solutions's site "Migrating data from
OrCAD SDT/386+" that explains all necessary deails:
http://www.eda.co.uk/download/orcadrev2.pdf

Decomp.exe is OrCad's utility - part of OrCad SDT III/IV package.
I'm not sure whether it's available as a standalone software.
It is used to convert OrCad libraries form binary format to ascii.

I still have OrCad IV installed on my computer so I may convert the
library for you - just send it offline.

Some time ago we moved from OrCad IV to Protel and I converted several
old projects.
My experience is that going through OrCad Capture as a "transfer tool"
produces much better results than importing directly from OrCad SDT.
The only problem is that you need an access to OrCad Capture.
I used to have such an access and it was great - it saved me a lot
of post-import cleaning.

Wojciech Oborski