If you ask Parallel Systems (www.parallel-systems.co.uk) very nicely they
might send you a free Orcad "Lite" disc. The Orcad Capture on that is free
licence and seems to do most things that the full version does.
Rob

                      Wojciech Oborski

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Protel EDA Forum <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      ice.pl>                  cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [PEDA] Orcad Library
Importing
                      09-Jul-2003 08:18

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Protel EDA

                      Forum"

Terry Creer wrote:

> Hi all,
>            Just got a few schematics and a library in Orcad format from
the
> Atmel website. The schematics load ok (minus the parts in the .lib file),
> but when I try to load the lib file, Protel (99SE) tells me DECOMP.EXE
must
> be in the path when trying to imort Orcad libraries. Any ideas where I
can
> aquire this DECOMP.EXE?

Terry,

There is an article at Premier EDA Solutions's site "Migrating data from
OrCAD SDT/386+" that explains all necessary deails:
http://www.eda.co.uk/download/orcadrev2.pdf

Decomp.exe is OrCad's utility - part of OrCad SDT III/IV package.
I'm not sure whether it's available as a standalone software.
It is used to convert OrCad libraries form binary format to ascii.

I still have OrCad IV installed on my computer so I may convert the
library for you - just send it offline.

Some time ago we moved from OrCad IV to Protel and I converted several
old projects.
My experience is that going through OrCad Capture as a "transfer tool"
produces much better results than importing directly from OrCad SDT.
The only problem is that you need an access to OrCad Capture.
I used to have such an access and it was great - it saved me a lot
of post-import cleaning.

Wojciech Oborski