From: Brad Velander [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 12:07 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] PADS ?

Dennis,
        I last used PADs in about 1998 (Power PCB early versions, 3.X I think). At
that time it didn't have anything that would support the level of
intelligence that you described. Just like with Protel, you would have had
to select the part & fanout, then move it, then reroute traces. I suspect
that the operation is not as simple even today as this person told you,
especially not without running an autorouter. PADs did rubber band traces
but it typically did so with no intelligence and left a mess that I
typically found worse to clean up than deleting the traces and re-routing
from scratch in that effected area.
        I would have to ask, does Spectra have this capability? If Spectra doesn't
then I suspect that nobody does, at least not as simply as it was described.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail and any attached files may contain information
that is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient,  please
notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another
person, use it for any purpose or store or copy
the information in any medium.  Thank you.