Thanks Peter .
I tried both '( PCB ) Tools/ Update' schematics as the manual seems to suggest, and also '(Schematic) Tools/ Back Annotate'. Both gave the same result - failure to match designators. In my initial scheme I annotated the schematics using the advanced option to assign components on each sheet to a range of numbers.
Graham.

Peter Bennett wrote:

Graham Brown wrote:

Hi all

I want to synchronize my schematics with the reannotated PCB. Reannotation went well - Tools/reannotate etc., but Design/Update Schematics /Preview cannot match any components. Naturally I did a netlist compare and reloaded nets before reannotation just to refresh associations. I've used Protel 99SE/SP6 for several years and am familiar with most operations. It is my sincere hope that I've missed something obvious as this feature could be very useful to us.
Any suggestions please?

Graham Brown

To back-annotate PCB changes to the schematic, you use Tools/Backannotate (in Schematic), if I recall correctly.