From: Ian Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 2:40 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Rule confusion

On 02:15 PM 5/08/2003, Sanders, Dave said:

>I don't understand! There's no mention of InPoly in the PCB Rules and
>Constraints Editor.
>Can you point me at the relevant KB article. All my searches turn up nothing.

http://www.protel.com.au/resources/kb/default.asp#results
and then search for InPolygon (or IsPolygon).

The direct link will be:
http://www.protel.com/resources/kb/kb_item.asp?ID=3678

In the Rules and Constraints editor edit your poly clearance rule and
choose the Advanced (Query)  radio button, then use the Query Helper.

The secret trick is that InPolygon is not listed in the Membership Checks
as you would expect.  But if you hit F1 you should be able to get to all
the PCB Functions (in the Query Reference) - it is listed there.

This issue has been discussed many times on the DXP forum.  If you are
using DXP you may find it worth monitoring that forum as well as PEDA.

Ian

Thanks Ian , that's got me sorted out. I appreciate the help.