On 06:13 PM 3/09/2003, Mr. Zhang said:
I am sorry that it should be "Query Language"
>Must I have to use quiring language? Thank you!

In DXP the Inspector panel shows selected objects. One way, possibly the most common, to do multi-object edits is via the Inspector (not the only way). So to do multi-object editing you generally have to first select them. The query language is one method of selecting objects. So technically it is not necessary to use the query language to do multi-object editing but in practice one often does.

Some things to think about:
1) The Inspector panel shows the attributes that are common to all selected objects. So if you have a component and an arc selected you may find only the X and Y locations are shown in the Inspector Panel. This can cause confusion especially when you have objects selected on another Sch sheet. (There is a new command and shortcut to clear selections across all sheets.)
2) In P99SE you have to understand the difference between selected and focussed, in DXP you have to understand the difference between masked and selected.
3) The Find Similar Object right click function is a useful crossover between P99SE and DXP globals.

There is a tutorial or learning guide on multi-object editing.

Ian