On 09:39 PM 22/09/2003, Peder K. Hellegaard said:
Hi.

I have made an SCH design in P99SE with 7 identical channels/subcircuits.

The components are designated in accordance with the convention
Circuit1:

R100, R101.......C100, C101 etc.

Circuit2:

R200, R201.......C200, C201 etc.

Circuit3:

R300, R301.......C300, C301 etc.

and so on........

I have placed and routed the first circuit in P99SE. Due to the fact that it
isn't very easy to copy the layout/placement in PCB for the remaining 6
circuits, I have borrowed a DXP for trial.

Here I import the P99SE design and I want to use the "Copy Room formats" but
after hitting the OK button in the "Confirm channel format copy" dialoge
box, the appropriate room is sized correctly and I receive a message:
"Updated 0 components in 1 room" and nothing else happens.

Why aren't the relevant components moved into the room and 'routed' like the
source room ?

I haven't used DXP channels, but I think you would need to inform DXP what is in the channels. This is done, as far as I know, in the schematic and uses "Repeat" commands to replicate a sch sheet. There is a sample project showing this in the DXP samples - the Multi-Channel Mixer.

From there the rooms (and hence the layout) can be managed. I am not sure if there is a manual method of informing the PCB editor what makes up your channels.

Ian