02/10/2003 09:26:45, "Ryan Koh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>To ensure that all my vias are not exposed after fabrication
(masked), is it
>that "Tented" should be selected under the via properties?

Yes.

>I am trying to created Gnd border along the perimeter of my
rectangular pcb
>board, which should be masked (just like thick traces). If I were
to use
>"place trace", the cornerings would be round - not what I want to
achieve.
>It is required that the cornerings be sharp right angles.

If it's rihgt at th edge of teh board, then the router (whirling-blade
thing, not autorouter) will make sure that the edges follow the
edge of teh PCB (but board houses don;t like routing through
copper, since they get little slivers that can end up in teh wrong
places.

>Can I use "place Fill" or "Place Pads" to create the GND border? If
so, what
>can I do to ensure that my GND border would not be exposed
(masked like
>copper traces) after fabrication?

I'd go for a fill (and lock it down, or Protel will perpetually assume
you'd much rather be editing the fill than anything else...)
If you go for pads, you'll have to mess around with editing them,
whereas fill, you can just drag. Pads will by default be exposed (
no soldermask), fills are just copper features. If you want them
exposed, drpo a fill on the soldermask layer in the same place.

Steve