Hi Ted

You could try selecting all the components on the "bottom layer", unlock
their primitives, then change the tracks/attributes on "mechanical layer
1" to "mechanical layer 2" - that applies to the bottom assembly drawing.
Make sure when you do the global change that you match by "selection" and
"layer" and set the scope to "all primitives".  You'll have to perform
this operation for each of "tracks" (make sure you include arcs - subtle
checkbox on the bottom right of the change track dialogue box), "strings"
and any other item.  After doing this, also make sure you re-lock the
component primitives.

I hope this isn't too garbled.

Cheers,
Brendon.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
10/16/03 08:47 AM
Please respond to
"Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc

Subject
[PEDA] Assembly drawings

I have been given the task to add assembly drawings to a design that
another
engineer is working on using protel 99SE. I would like to go into the
library that he is currently using and just add a mechanical layer 1 to
each
part with a .comment string, and update the PCB from the library.  There
are
about 100 parts on the secondary side of the PCB, is there a way to
automatically change the mechanical layer to layer 2 with out having to
select each out line and cut it and past it on another layer for the parts
on the secondary side of the PCB? Is there another way that this can be
accomplished that I am should be looking into.

Regards,

Ted Tontis CID
Engage Networks Inc.
1320 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Drive
River Level
Milwaukee, WI 53212
PH 414-918-4267
FX 414-273-7601

the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not