Hi all,

I just came accross an 'undocumented feature':

With just a schematic and a textfile open (schematic active), I printed the schematic and then switched to the textfile. When I hit the printer button to print the textfile the PC rebooted.
I can not remember if I printed the text some time earlier in that session; but it was the first print for the schematic.

Printing a schematic after a text in a session is no problem, printing a text after a schematic results in a bizarre output: the text is mirrored, the font is ten times bigger than it should be and there is a background..... Printing a second schematic after that is no problem, but when I then print a second text: BOOM!
Time seems to be involved too: when sufficient time (tens of seconds) elapses before the second text is sent to the printer only the first problem occurs, the PC does not reset in that case.

Having documented this feature, I can now safely call it a bug ;-)

System is a P4, 2.4GHz with Matrox Millennium G450 video card and 384MB memory and only Protel running under W2K-SP4 (I even stopped Eudora and all virus scanners). Printer is a HP Laserjet 6 MP that never gave any problems, 'connected' by network...

I don't have a clue where to start fixing this; any of you guys have any idea?

Thanks,

Leo Potjewijd
hardware designer
IE Keyprocessor bv.