At 02:22 PM 2/12/2003 -0800, you wrote:
At 01:57 PM 12/2/2003, Tony Karavidas wrote:
<snip>
Why are people asking DXP questions on the PEDA list? You'll probably get
more answers on the DXP list.
<snip>

Tony, this list is intended for discussion of all EDA technical questions including those of DXP.

Not all users of DXP are a member of the Protel run list, so discussions here may present unique solutions and points of view. Also, the discussion forums on this site do not have as many restrictions as the Protel run forum.

Yes - except there have already been quite a few examples of incomplete, incorrect, confusing ... answers due to people not clearly stating what version of Protel they are using.

The answers on DXP issues here are not as complete (or as many) as those on the Altium Forum. I know I invest more time there than here.

If people post DXP issues here they should make it very clear that they are talking about DXP and they should expect fewer answers, and no answers from Altium employees, than if they posted on the Altium forums.

Ian Wilson

Considered Solutions Pty Ltd
5 The Crescent, Chatswood, NSW, 2067
Australia