Well, I tried that and it saved everything on the top, bottom and silkscreen
layers, but not the internal signal layers :(

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Harry Selfridge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 12:00 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Saving PCB Section as Component?

The same old way still works -

1.  Clear all selections in the PCB Layout Editor (just a safety measure).
2.  Select the items you want to be in your component.
3.  Copy the selected items (ctrl-Insert), be sure to click at you desired
origin point for the component (makes it easier).
4.  Open a new library and/or library component in the Library Editor.
5.  Paste your selected items into the library component (shift-Insert) at
the origin.
6.  Rename your new component, and save the library.

At 09:18 AM 12/19/03, you wrote:
>I recently laid out two versions of a part - a gullwing for prototype and a
>BGA for production with the BGA inside the Gullwing just to see if I could
>do it. It came out pretty nicely and now I want to save it, traces, vias
and
>all, as a component footprint for use on future PCBs. There used to be a
way
>to do this under 99SE or 98 I forget which, by selecting all and grouping
>selected primitives as a component or something like that - I haven't used
>98/99 for some time so memory fails me. Anyway, is there a way to do this
>under DXP?
>
>best regards
>
>Bob Stephens
snip